Thursday, December 31

Ushering in a New Decade. . .

It's early on New Year's Eve day. I'm listening to Taylor Mac singing songs and thinking back on the year and looking to the future. In 2010, I will look for a job. I've lost and regained motivation, but now it's with a deep skepticism.

Reading Maya Angelou has been good for my soul. Inspiring to read about a woman determined, but she fell so many times. Ups and downs to the extreme. She went along trying. It inspires me to try. Even though times are different. She always wanted a second son named Iguana. So I believe that I am Maya Angelou's long lost son. We have so many similar feelings.

My resolution is to have a job. A simple request, that has proven so difficult and unfair. I will persevere and do what I must do. As Maya's mother used to say, "It's it's worth it, then it's worth working for." Something along those lines. . .

I accomplished my soul flushing this year. I found a doctor. I temped. I found therapy. I graduated. I got a kitten and a boyfriend. This has been a productive year indeed. It's the small rewards that make life worth working for.

No comments: