Tuesday, April 14

On a Fire Escape . . .

Time has been calming. It's passing as it's supposed to. I am taking the week to veg out. Doing the projects I've been ignoring for a while. Sitting in doors and just thinking.

Today I had a panic as I left my apartment building without my keys or wallet. It's one of my biggest fears and it happened this grey Tuesday morning!

No one else was home. How did I regain access to the apartment? I climbed up the fire escape, with the help of a ladder from the Super. Then I tried window by window, knowing my own fault to always make sure they are locked.

Except one! Oh my glorious roommate leaving a window unlocked. My subletter blocking the way with boxes. Oh and it was a window off the fire escape. Meaning I had to leap into the room, pushing boxes aside, from the top half of the window.

It was thrilling and dangerous! I could've broken my neck. I will always leave that window unlocked. So it saved what would otherwise be an awful day.

No comments: