Tuesday, April 21

Losing Focus

I'm 23-years-old. It's okay to feel nervous and unsure about the future! There is nothing wrong with that!

These last few weeks I have just felt such anxiety and a fear of the future. Today marks exactly one month until I finish classes forever. I enter the world of adults and begin a life!

Unfortunately, I have been having a dilemma these days. I just feel like I have lost my focus. There are those people who have plans. They will do this and be here at this point in their life. I don't know if I have that, or have had it for sometime.

That's what scares me, the fact I can't even figure it out. I try to think about my future, but I just don't know. I suppose I could start general and just pick big goals and let those lead into specifics.

I watched the HBO Grey Gardens this weekend. It was amazing and was a great movie to add to the Grey Garden's Legacy. It shook me though, I mean what does not shake me these days? Watching Little Edie in her youth, the things she thought, did and said. They were me.

I began to get worried that I could possibly end up trapped somewhere my whole life. That I did not want to be in. I know that recognizing this fear, means I won't allow myself to ever get trapped in that situation. Yet, there are somethings in life that happen and we can't control. . .

Oh, I'm letting these ghosts sit around for to long. We will keep going! As we do!

No comments: