Monday, February 26

Iguana Is Not Going

A couple of years ago The RENT movie came out. I was against making it into a movie from day one. Everyone was excited about it, I wasn't. Everyone said I should see it at least once, I still haven't. Some people said it was a masterpiece, they have been removed from the picture.

Then they announced that Dreamgirls was in fact being made into a movie. I was thrilled and had every right to be. It upset me that no one really knew about Dreamgirls beforehand. You'd be surprised out in 2004 when I would say, "I can't wait for Dreamgirls to come out!!!" And the puzzled looks I'd receive.

Then when it got closer to the release date I'd hear such atrocious comments like, "Yea Dreamgirls, the story of Diana Ross and the Supremes." Excuse me? Sure the movie did mirror is a little, but the musical not so much.

But I digress, as I often do on subjects like this. In short the movie is a great success, and though it barely made a killing at the Oscars, it made on big triumph for Jennifer Hudson and I am SO happy for her. I never watched American Idol, but her Hollywood story is so sweet. I sort of want her to retire now, cause I'm afraid that she may never make a good movie again. This should be enough for her.

But I love how in her speech last night she did a QUICK shout out to Jennifer Holliday. It made my night. As I promptly turned of the TV once I saw her win that award.

So in short.

Congrats Ms. Hudson, you told them right! This time Effie White DID win!!

No comments: