Tuesday, March 17

Group Session: The 12 Days of Judy

Group was more calm last night. It was a slightly progressive night for life outside the group. I fear I was the catalyst. If I'd never worn those skinny jeans on Saturday and not felt so damned powerful in them! I would've never hung out with The Prince, who is a guy my age who has a rich older boyfriend.

His boyfriend apparently is ridiculously rich and owns buildings, helicopters and Egyptian Cats! He is kept in an ivory tower. He lives a dream life that I can't help envy and I feel such sadness for. I wanted to go out and he was the first one to answer my text. If I'd never gone out, he would have never invited me to dinner before group and we'd never have had that screwdriver!

How do I break these rules? One screwdriver to me is a calming way into social situations, despite the rule of not being on any substances that can mess up your judgement, or some crap like that [Rules wouldn't be made unless they wanted us to break them]. Well, The Prince has one screwdriver and is singing show tunes and hitting high C sharps! In turn by the end of group he invited everyone out to get more drinks. Do you see where this story is going? No, well just hang on for a moment longer.

The ShyGuy ran away. The Vespa-Rider peaced out quickly too. Leaving me to get to know newer personalities, in a friendly atmosphere. At one point during the night I was talking to a guy who said that the bar he was working at was hiring bar backs [not bareback] for the summer. I may have my in, which means the universe works in weird ways. You put out what you get back. I don't know, time shall tell. Maybe, I don't need a suit just yet.

The highlight of the night was when another soft spoken member brought up how Judy Garland was his patron saint. I quickly showed him my mark of Judy. He then told me of his 12 Days of Judy celebration! Since Judy was born on June 10th and died on June 22nd. There's twelve days to celebrate her existence!

Her story is similar to that of the Christ figure. She was born Francis Gumm and was reborn into Judy Garland. She died prematurely and will rise again. It's adorably cute, this idea the man created. I am glad that these two things have happened, as silly as they are.

No comments: