Saturday, March 21

Interesting Observances

I am well. The day has been survived and I can tell the tale. In fact it was not all that bad. I told my Oma to hush when she brought up my future and jobs. She silenced and wondered why we should not continue discussing my impending future.
"Because of my anxiety, Oma. You know this cause your husband worries about everything. My mother worries about everything as well. Most importantly, I worry about everything. I don't want to discuss it!"
It was taken in the most polite of ways. Then my mother got her turn to tell my Oma, "Iguana wants to live in the city. It's what he's decided." Hearing direct quotes that my father told me, so I wondered how sincere it is. How much of her heart am I breaking?

It was a quick trip, less than 6 hours of visitation time. There's no time to discuss anything, it's more like a passing memory. There was no confrontation about my homosexuality. I even brought her to Christopher St where all the homos live. I was merely setting the mood. My mother got red when we walked by a sex shop. Funny, I could feel her tension because of the tension I was creating. I could feel my Oma, blindly taking everything in. She sees nothing, but remembers everything. It's a talent I could have inheirted from no one other than.

Oh these days. I sent them on their way and I continue on with the progression. My mother was thrilled that I emailed her several times. She wants me to forever have something to say. I don't have anything to say mom. When I find out, you will be first to know. I think.

No comments: