Monday, December 25

Iguana Feliz Navidad

Being home for the holidays is always relaxing, and though my short five day visit will not allow me to see everyone I want, I get most of what I wish accomplished.

It's 9:30 am on Christmas morning and unlike other families we are waiting for my older brother to arrive to open presents at 10. I'm okay with that, but it's driving my younger sister nuts. We're an unconventional family of sorts.

For instance, unlike most families we don't go to church to celebrate Christ's birth. We do Christmas Eve in the most commercial way possible. We see a movie. Last night we decided to see, A Night at the Museum. Awful AWFUL movie. A prime example of a big star name and some high ups making up the worst storyline in the history of movies.

We were probably the only family there. Besides us it was Chinese, Jews and people on dates (probably Chinese or Jewish too). Not to seem racist...they just seem more typical to see a movie on Christmas Eve.

Even more away from the norm of Christmas. Most families would watch some Christmas tale together, like the Grinch, or It's A Wonderful Life. Being the amazing brother I am, I am taking my sister (not even a teenager yet, but almost in a month), to see Black Christmas.

It's hard being an agnostic family during these religious times of year. We're left having to find better things to do than go to church.

No comments: