Saturday, December 23

Iguana is Home for the Holidays

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas? It's more relaxing back home than it is in NYC? Your parents love you?

Those are all statements that when I'm in the city I believe, but when I'm home for Christmas/Birthday/Visiting, I am completely dumbfounded as to how I believed them in the first place.

The good news is I have my tattoo appointment set up for tomorrow at 3 pm. The bad news is I had my mandatory uncomfortable chat with my parents about whatever topic is hot on their tongues at the time. Tonight it was my tuition fees and my upcoming trip to India/China.

I took it well and acted like an adult. Most of the time I am prone to screaming and turning insane around them. They're the only two human beings who bring that out in me.

I'll admit, at one point I grabbed my mother's face and cupped her head in between my hands (right before we entered a restaurant, no less) and stated dramatically:

"Don't you see, if you cut me off right now I would survive! You tell me that you want me to be independent, so when I say it's okay to cut me off, you get offended. I'm just restating what you've already told me!!"

Bernhardt/Duse eat your hearts out. I know drama.

No comments: