Wednesday, December 20

Iguana Recovers His Senses

Sorry about that last post, my mind was in a different state. I need to take up new hobbies rather than always think about my loneliness.

In all truthfulness it's not that bad in general and I don't want anyone to think I'm some sad sap who just sits around saying woe is me whenever I can get an ear...

No I just write it down on this blog. Which is the equivalent of putting a message in a bottle and throwing it into the ocean, hoping to get a reply. But since we're on the topic of loneliness and my soon to be spinster life. Let's relay another tale...

This Halloween, while I was being, "Bare Rabbit." A costume that consisted of bunny ears, tail and jockstrap. I was hanging out with my straight friends, so why not set myself apart from them even more?

Along the way to my friend's I ran into an Ex that I had parted terms with a year ago, but not on horrible terms...just wasn't ready for a relationship at that time (the irony in this tale is already getting to me).

The entire night he kept gazing at me lovingly. Watching me, making nice comments. He is a sensitive soul and actually treats me like a gentleman...something I'm not used to. Anyway at the end of the night, he walked me to the door of my temporary apartment of the time. Kissed me goodnight, twice, and invited me to dinner once I'd moved to Brooklyn (which I am in now).

I kept thinking about him since that night and two nights ago, while I was dinning with a friend he was brought up in discussion and she pointed out,

"Maybe you need that gentleness in your life, it would be very different for you."

And I realized she was right. He was worth dating, I had grown much in the year since our split, and he was interesting and it seemed we got along. It would be perfect.

Once again I started picturing our future together. His sensitivity to my semi-melodrama. Him comforting me when I get worked up. My eccentric ways making him laugh. It would more than just a sexual relationship, and sex would actually never play a big role in our relationship (therefore making it perfect cause in the end sex ruins gay relationships).

Once again in my mind, it was going to be good.

Then I emailed him. I'm going to post the message as to show it wasn't an email that lead him to believe I was after anything...

I thought I sent you a message, but it seems I didn't. I was wondering why you weren't replying :).

I've been meaning to get in contact with you! But between getting settled in my rathole apartment and finals and the play I had to work on...I have been busy in short.

I would like to meet up, take you up on that dinner offer possibly. Sometime after Christmas maybe?

His reply, though lengthy made this strange point:

Just to clarify, I am going out with a dude named XXXX. He also goes to XXXX. He makes me feel guilty about talking to other young men.

Now granted he is a slight eccentric himself, but why did he feel the need to inform me of this before he could fall for me again? (upon seeing me of course). It's fate I suppose.

The luck of an Eccentric.

No comments: