Wednesday, January 17

Iguana Discusses his New Beau

So as I mentioned last time I met a guy. I'm looking for the proper song that displays my feelings. The first song that came to mind was, There is More To Love from Aspects of Love. Giulietta sings this song and listening to it made me realize how I feel about the hooking up in general...

There is more to love, so much more than simply making love, that's easy. Gazing into eyes, pretty eyes which could be any eyes that's crazy. Hands are just hands a face is just a face, they come and go, they're easy to replace. There is more to love so much more than moonstruck escapades that's nothing. There is peace of mind, so much peace in quiet company, that's something.

I know it's an ALW musical and therefore it must be awful, but this one song is so true of anyone who has played the mistress, or other woman in any situation. You just realize that life isn't all about sex and there is something more to feel out there, then you begin to wonder if you'll ever find it.

I shall be calling this guy, this new interest, W, and well my weekend was spectacular. We went on our first date on Wednesday to go and see Pan's Labyrinth, which was nice and we immediately got along stunningly. Of course since it was a movie we didn't get to speak much. When we did talk I was my normal crazy self, so at the end of the date I figured he'd seen into my insanity and was probably not going to call me again. To my surprise we made out second date that night, after I got home. We decided to do a cheap dinner and get sometime to talk. W is a little older, and I found out his definition of cheap dinner is much different from my definition. But I didn't mind it because he was so charming.

We ate dinner, talked, held hands, etc. It was wonderful. A REAL date, my first real date. We got dessert at a chocolate shop and I showed him what a pig I could be, I got a chocolate piece of pizza (yea they make those) while he got a hot chocolate. We sat in Union Square and talked until 2:30 am. It was very romantic.

Low and behold we planned another date on Sunday!! I know, is this normal? In NYC of all places. I thought I was supposed to wait at least a month before them pretending to be interested in seeing me again.

This time we went to The Met and saw some of the galleries there and then to RICE for dinner where I had a gift certificate for a dinner for two. I thought there would be a limit of how much we could spend. Nope. So after two appetizers, two meals, five glasses of wine each, and two desserts. We spent well over 100 on the bill (something I've never done on a dinner for two), we left and continued to walk for a little more and just enjoy each others company.

It was very special. Nice and interesting. We meld, but here's the kicker...

He doesn't know anything about theatre.

I know right? But he always seems interested when I talk about it, I try to watch myself though, as not to bore him to death, or drive him away. It's happened before sadly.

So tonight I am spending the night at his place. I'm meeting his roommate/best friend. I'm a little nervous, but I've dealt with worse. The most chivalrous thing he's done to date. He's coming all the way into Manhattan late tonight to accompany me to his place.

I'm expecting to wake up any moment now.

No comments: