Monday, January 29

Iguana Has Bad Luck

Finally the power is back on. Maybe I should back up...

My next semester of school has started, but to celebrate my final weekend of vacation...and by vacation I mean working constantly. I had a wonderful run of bad luck. I'll admit I am a little upset cause all the bad is happening at once, but there's no silver lining following it up.

First: My sketchy apartment, and it is VERY sketchy. Lost power this weekend. It wasn't a ConEdison malfunction...nope. It was the fact that my sketchy landlord didn't pay the bill in a while. So I stayed with W...which seems like a silver lining, but I'll get there.

So I stayed with W, which was nice and touching. But I didn't get to accomplish any of my goals for the weekend. Just meaningless everyday stuff. Like do my laundry and get food. However, it seems a space has opened for that to be accomplished tomorrow. I'm getting there.

So the last month I've been VERY itchy. I thought it was just the cold weather and heat and all that jazz. Turns out I may have scabies or bed bugs. Yea time to get a little distraught right? Even someone like me can get them. Seeing as my whore days have been months and months ago. I don't think I got them from sex, but who knows.

Now the easy thing to do would be to go to my doctor. Oh wait the earliest appointment to get in touch with her is March 2nd...Excuse me? I told the woman over the phone is was slightly serious and I couldn't wait until March 2nd. She offered no help. So I tried my doctors beeper number. Well it turns out beepers are more difficult to use than I thought. Unless she's just not calling me back. Who knows.

So now I feel guilty as I have probably given W whatever I have, after sharing a bed with him for the last 3-4 days.

You think that's all?? Nope it's still not over.

Tomorrow night I was thrilled to be seeing the Final part of the Coast of Utopia. To find out today they canceled their first preview. So there goes that show tomorrow. Thusly I have to try and get a ticket to another performance, which might not be possible. So I will have seen the first two parts and the ending will go unknown to me. If this is so, I will forever hold a grudge against Tom Stoppard and his writing difficult works so that the cast has to cancel at least three different shows.

I think that's about it.

A friend says I should prorate my rent and take out the two days worth of time I wasn't there. I agree. I'm just nervous to do it.

Edit: I think I got the bugs from my mattress that came with my room...it would NOT surprise me. And doing the math it would make the most logical sense.

No comments: