Wednesday, January 10

Iguana Has No Identity

One of my New Year's resolutions has already gone awry. I wanted to switch banks and open a checking and savings account at one better, easily located bank.

My current one is no where to be found, except for ATMs at CVS (which are also a rare find in this city). So as I can easily take money out, I can never seem to put it back in. I also think they only chose CVS as a affiliate because it matches the color scheme of the bank itself.

I went to the new bank I had picked HSBC because I seem them everywhere in the city, they are upstate as well (near my hometown), and it just seemed very convenient. So it seemed simple right?

Then I went to open it. Since my current living situation is anything but legit some problems arose. There is nothing like a nice reminder that you are living in limbo technically cause you have no proof of your residence. I have no lease or bills I pay in my name (I should be complaining necessarily), but I mean I still pay them. So when the lady asked me for proof of residency to my new address, not listed on my license. I couldn't come up with a single piece of information. Someone suggested trying to bring in a pay stub. Since my address is listened on that.

It's my only real hope. Unless someone else has any sort of tip they would like to share.

No comments: