Saturday, October 13

Trip to Busch Gardens

First I've like to say that Jesus Christ Superstar sung by the Indigo Girls and others may sound awful, but it's an interesting little twist on it all. Why not? Amy Ray is Jesus? Anything is possible in JCS!
This weekend I went to Busch Gardens with J*. It was a rousing good time. Lots of roller coasters (including the one shown above). You literally hung 205 ft in the air for 5 seconds before they let you drop. It was amazing!

I've never ridden in the front of a Roller Coaster before. This day I did it many times. Then once the sun went down and the Gardens turned into Halloween town. And everything got a fun scary atmosphere. I like to jump and scream a lot, it's what I do. I do it well, especially when I'm in a creepy atmosphere.

I made friend with some Southerners in line whom I found intriguing and insane. Perhaps deep down I'm from the South. As apparently it's acceptable to be loud and strange in public. That is why I was drawn to them. I found them fascinating and fun. I mean we were in Virginia and it seemed to be the norm for people. Yet I still felt like an outsider.

I also was asked to dance the Polka at Oktoberfest (in the German part of the park). I did it with poise and grace, as only an Aryan can pull off. In our blood lies the master race and we can't deny it. My favorite line from that moment was when the girl who worked there was dancing with me...

German Girl: Vow! You Dance well!
Me: I'm German, it comes naturally.
German Girl: Really?!
Me: Ja!
German Girl: I'm not German, but I pretend to be!

That one made my trip, but when you create a name like Renalti or something like that, it's sort of a dead give away. Pick Spitzi or Heidi next time, no one will catch on.

The trip reaffirmed something else, deep down inside. I can't necessarily say what, but it has to do with living in New York City. That here I always feel incomplete and being out of it was a breath of much needed fresh air.

And now I shall make a minor prophecy:

I think I shall move someday in the future. Somewhere. I shall finally grow tired of the monotony and the feeling of redundancy and annoyance. I shall be sick of the fact that ever gay man here is the same and would rather live in a town of straight people who enjoy me for me. I shall be content with living in the simpleness of life and not feel that just because I haven't made it in New York City, doesn't mean I haven't made it where I live.

This is just a prophecy, if it does happen...well shall see...

* J is actually the Gentleman Caller. However, since I have ended that, the title has been stripped.

No comments: