Tuesday, October 23

Trying to focus...

What would you like to do? How can such a simple question throw me completely for a loop. All day I've been feeling weird because early in the morning my Costume Design teacher asked me, "You're not a BFA are you?" My eyes opened wide and I answered, "No, I'm not." Then of course she follows that with, "Well, what would you like to do?" I handled myself well in practically ignoring the question.

It threw me off. Questions enter my head, I don't know what to do still. I have an idea. Yet, all the ideas always lead to the area of school. I have a grad school future planned. A possible grad school idea planned. Do I know how to live a normal life? A life without a school setting?

It's all a mystery, the idea I suppose would be to get a job in the theatrical world. I still have all of 2008 to figure it out. Yet, I don't know how to focus on anything. I can't focus on anything with the way I lead life. I work and school. I have friends who have worked on shows as designers and such. Yet, I never have. I haven't even done an internship. As we all know, it's not for trying!

Yet, I'll go to an adviser at school and they act like they can't help me. They're to concerned with their Grad Students. It infuriates me. I can't go on with this topic, it's drawing me into more depression than I'd like.

No comments: