Monday, June 9

What it is To Black Out

While trying to escape from Fire Island I wasn't feeling very well. My stomach had been amiss the entire trip and I probably was dehydrated. With the weather at a minimum of 90 degrees, I basically needed an I.V. of Water running into my arm to stay normal.

As the Ferry hit the mainland I was eager to get out. I watched couples flirt and hold onto the fun they had on the Island. As I was just eager to get back to Brooklyn. Perhaps it was the nausea that comes with watching a couple flirt. Or it was the heat and lack of water.

Slowly my vision started to fade. I've never had that happen to me, but for a good 30 seconds I went completely blind. I couldn't see anything. Suddenly my music started to fade and I held onto a wall. I wanted to go home and not create problems.

So the brilliant idea of: You can just pretend you've got your sight and walk off the Ferry and it'll probably come back. Luckily, as I bumped into countless people it slowly came back. It was terrifying though. To be alert of the fact that you were due to pass out. Yet, I didn't because I don't like to be a bother.

No comments: