Friday, November 7

The Castro

I felt like Dorothy leaving the house and entering Oz, everything was in color. The Castro is gayer than I ever pictured, but in a good way. In a way that writers unfold in their novels. It's so different from New York City, it's refreshing in a way. No one was cruising me when I walked by them, and I know it's not cause I'm ugly.

I met a Live Journal friend. Jim, whose name I'm not afraid to use, met me for lunch and we talked. The circle is complete. I know that I was a little excited, so I hope my personality didn't terrify him. We'll see tomorrow when he goes out dancing with me. If he doesn't then I'll know if I was to much. Oh, the joys of being an over sensitive Cancer. He was very nice and polite. As well, he was very put together

Moving along, he showed me some of the sights of the area. The park was beautiful and we had lunch at a cute diner. Except a diner in San Francisco is really nice, oh Jim, if I could show you what "diner" means in NYC. My favorite thing as when he showed me the Adobe Book Shop and I swear we saw a bum(an) who was feeling affects of the Heroin. I'm going back to the bookshop soon though, cause it's got used books and if there's anything I do now, it's read all the time.

Speaking of books, last night K gave me a signed copy of Tales of the City. What's odd is the other day I was thinking about that book (seeing as I was coming to San Francisco) and she got it for me.

Tomorrow is the Aquarium and dancing and other things I guess. I play is by ears.

Oh and I've decided that my new favorite gay author will soon be William S. Burroughs. It was only a matter of time. I think this trip is turning gears and cogs in my mind and life, I am discovering what I came here for. I knew it would happen, but wasn't sure how.

The weekend isn't over yet, it's only beginning.

No comments: