Thursday, November 20

Right There, In Front of Me

I was waiting on the train. Worrying a little about life. Reading On The Road and listening to The Fantasticks. There was a woman next to me, she seemed to be practicing dance moves while listening to her iPod.

The novel by Jack Kerouac is amazing. It's much better than I ever gave it credit. I wish it were still possible to bum around the country. To hitchhike. To see America. To live off 50 bucks, realistically.

I was listening to Much More from The Fantasticks and thinking about how crazy the girl is. How crazy I am. How crazy life is...

Then I noticed a small puddle coming towards my feet. My eyes quickly followed the fast forming steam to it's source. In between the woman's legs. I've never seen a person unwillingly give into the demand to urinate. I have had close calls in life, when I drink a touch more than necessary. I have pee'd on subway platforms, alone, but that's more information than anyone needs to know.

I looked at her face, since I'm perverted that way. It was a cross between humiliation and relief, which caused my heart to reach out to her. I moved away from her, I felt guilty. I couldn't pretend pee wasn't about to make close realtions with my shoe. I left her there, as subtly as I could. The relief quickly disappeared and shame was left. People began to notice something was off. As she left the subway at the next stop, hanging her head. She started to walk towards the way I moved in the subway. Without warning she did a U-Turn. She was ashamed of me fleeing, I just know it.

I felt bad for her, and hope not to many people noticed. Wherever you are, whomever you are, you should really get that checked out.

No comments: