Wednesday, May 30

Iguana: Three Days More

Dealing with scum will only get your hands dirty.

That's how I feel about this man I have been paying my "rent" to for the last six months. I made a stupid mistake. I paid him this months rent (May) when for three months I paid him an in installments for my last months rent. So technically I paid him twice for May.

When I asked him if I could have the rent back he did his song and dance of how, "I was supposed to give him 30 days notice." Well, asshole, I did when I told you in the beginning of May. I am moving out. It's almost impossible to line up a place 30 days early when you live on a month to month agreement.

Something tells me I just lost that money. He started giving me bullshit about how I DO need to return to the keys. Legally I haven't surrendered the room up, therefore he doesn't need to give me the money.

Legally.

Legally is a word he can't even utter. Legally, he is evading taxes. He takes money from god knows how many people in several apartment buildings all across Brooklyn.

In cash.

The man doesn't even have a bank account. Who knows maybe I will get my money back when the time comes. I don't believe that, but maybe.

The decision now comes to two choice:

Do I swallow the loss and enjoy the new start to me life?

Or

Do I pay the fucker back by making a call to the right people and giving the police/IRS/FBI (I am sure he's on one of their lists) a little information about someone they should look into?

OH and the sun I got on Monday has browned my skin a little, it's not normal to me.

No comments: