Monday, March 31

An Uneventful Day

Sunday in The Park With George is wonderful. Jenna Russell and Daniel Evans really blow Mandy and Bernadette out of the water. I know, I know. They created the roles. Yet, I felt more in love with these two. The things they did with projections were amazing, truly incredible. As well as the show clicked for me more than ever before. And I've been with this show for years.

At intermission (I was with classmates) some people were saying how bored they were and I wanted to scream at them. If this is boring you, why are you going to school for theater? Sure it's a difficult musical I admit. I think the score is brilliant and the story is genius. What's difficult about the book is that if not understood it comes off as confusing and complex. Therefore leading people into boredom. Which is how some classmates reacted. The first act is the show, the second act is the reaction.

When Act II began, I just realized that all the complaints are addressed. How someone finds the story confusing is beyond me. "Who are all these characters?" Well if you listen you can easily tell. You do realize we are seeing a show based off the figures in a painting? That aside, I took away much more than some did. It was very brilliant.

Other than that I've been boring. Silent Hill Origins is becoming terrifying. I'm in an insane asylum and it scares me. Plus I'm trying not to cheat, which adds to the scariness.

I've been working my way through And The Band Played On. What a history lesson on ignorance and denial. I mean it makes sense sort of. A new virus appears and we don't want to jump to conclusions. At the end of the day though it was held for such a long time from the public because it was a GAY disease and for that I cannot forgive. The gay communities ignoring it I understand too. I would like to believe that I'm going to read about acts of bravery and going against the nation. Yet, I see terror and a refusal to believe that it could happen. Close down the bathhouses? No of course not, it's our sexual freedom! Well then, enjoy AIDS.

It's strange feeling the same emotions as some of the characters though. I will not fret until I have reason to. End of story really.

No comments: