Tuesday, March 18

I have to get these moments down...


Lets start with the bad first shall we? As I was walking to school today I dropped my Lighting Design homework (you see where this is going don't you?) out of my book bag and realized it was missing three blocks later. I walked back quickly in time to see a small group of people picking it up. I worked it up to top speed walking and yelled to them, "Hey, excuse me! That's mine!"

Not that I'm racist (Re: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof). But these guys could give me enough material I could write a stand-up routine. When they turned it was two older Hispanic guys and a preteen. The first thing the guy says, "How much will you pay for it?" I just stared. The other guy goes, "Hey you need to be mo' polite when you ask for that! He has your papers and you're not askin' nicely? He picked them up!" WHAT?! This guy just tried to get me to pay him. I'm not asking nicely?!

"Can I have it back please?"

"I should make you pay me!"

"It's a school project."

"You need to ask mo' nicer!"

It may sound ridiculous, but I almost burst into tears. I hate confrontation. When people yell I have trouble breathing. My eyes just instinctively started to tear up. To make a long story short, he returned it. I turned and continued and need to breath deeply before I regained my composure. I'm a sad mess sometimes.

Another moment: My weird Jewish roommate who is a stoner and really awkward. Like REALLY. He's nice though, but he has social issues. He had a couple friends over and I was listening through the door. It was the absolute example of awkward. They all had different speech impediments. One stuttered, another sounded like he was deep and raspy (not necessarily a speech impediment) and the other spoke like Marlon Brando.

I sat there listening and absolutely transfixed! Then I was inspired by that idea for a show. Someone (or multiple people) sitting in their room listening, but eventually going on with their day. There is no sound of their life, what they sound like or anything. While in the background an entirely different life is going on. In the apartment next door or something. Just a thought I had, but a thought.

Lastly, Dance of the Vampires. These moments need to be remembered! What a mess of a show. The dancing is worse than anything Debbie Allen did with Carrie: The Musical. The whole show is a joke of mocking Vampire stories. The best part is the score was written by the people who wrote Total Eclipse of the Heart. So naturally they included that song into the show somewhere!

There's this scene when a giant coffin shoots out of the stage and reveals...Michael Crawford. Then when the servant becomes crazy and dresses in all leather for no apparent reason. Oh the best part! During the love song, the lead is transfusing his blood into the lead girl. They are singing and when they're about to touch. The professor steps on the tube giving her blood so they both pass out for a moment. Then he removes his foot and they continue singing as though nothing happen.

Hysterical! These moments must be preserved.

No comments: