Sunday, November 4

Seeing the Family

The other day I had a revelation about my life. At first it hit me as just a small note, then as the days have passed it's made me a little unsure about life.

I was thinking how there is two ways of acting: Character or Method. I don't like acting (especially in college) because I find Method Acting bizarre. I like to play for laughs and I play to an audience. Method doesn't do that. I digress...

I realized today that I think I can't even methodically live LIFE. At first this thought made me laugh. Then I realized I somewhat do. I only feel comfortable when I'm telling a story and not talking about myself.

I can't be honest about serious facts about myself, just certain things. This causes me to get shy or awkward or mumble when I speak about myself. Yet I can feel really comfortable telling a story about anything else if I know it'll get laughs.

This is something that now slightly scares me. I need to pay more attention to this and work on it, well at least realize it for the issue that it is.

I need to confront it and change it. It's something that must change I feel...

No comments: