Monday, November 5

Quick Bed Time Note:

Sleep well moon. Sleep well.

The school play has started and I am not working for the weekend. I'm trying to get ahead of homework, yet it keeps building...

I keep having to take deep breaths, to help calm my mind. Last night, I saw Make Me A Song. It's a William Finn musical revue. All a person needs to do is sit through these 90 minutes and you can understand why shows like Legally Blonde and Wicked are pure waste. William Finn has written some of the most amazing songs I have ever heard.

I'll never forget the day I first hear March of the Falsettos and learned later that it was a trilogy and it became a quest to get all three. I did and I listened to it for years, it changed my life. It was (and still is) amazing. The performers in this show all have amazing voices and great personalities. It's really great! It made my night.

A New Brain
March of the Falsettos
In Trousers
Falsettoland
Ellegies: A Song Cycle
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Infinite Joy

All terrific shows that should be heard if you even consider yourself a theatre fan. I'm still waiting for the day when Romance in Hard Times (or America Kicks Up It's Heels) will fall into my lap. The day will come, I am sure. Life has weird ways of working.

Despite the happiness of this rant. I've been doing so-so. Trying to keep it all under control. I skipped the gym this morning. So I am off to sleep to not skip the gym tomorrow. My friends told me their New Years Eve plans and I am horribly jealous. Then again I am content that I will be in China for New Years, yet it won't be anything special there.

As the days get closer, I grow more and more terrified of the trip itself. It's like a door I've always wanted to open. After I open it I can never close it again. Oh goodness...One day at a time, Iguana, one day. That's the best you can do.

No comments: