Tuesday, July 1

Hearing Reality

I'm going to test myself. Six days ago I ordered this wonderful pair of headphones. They somehow broke. I am hardly a stranger to broken headphones. No, I am not. Which is why I never go out and buy headphones more that cost more than say $50 and that's the maximum amount. I refuse to believe that a pair of $150 dollar headphones will be any less susceptible to damages than the cheaper pair. Especially, with how randomly the wiring messed up on these.

Now, I panicked because when this happens I need to buy new ones right away. Since iPhones are so clever they have made a jack that only supports iPhone specific headphone plugs. Fuck you Apple, fuck you. Which means you have to basically buy them from an Apple store. Blah blah blah. Seriously? Burden of life, I tell you!

Anyway, I came to realize today that I haven't listened to the world in about four years. I don't know if I'm a rare or common case, but I haven't been on the subway or walked down the street without music playing in my ears for longer than say an hour.

I did it for two purposes. One being that I wanted to drown out the city and possible comments I may hear. The second being, well it's nice to have music.

And you know what. Perhaps I should get used to not having music. Doing things like working in a cubicle may be difficult, but I can do it. Right? I think. We shall see, consider this a test run.

No comments: