Saturday, July 12

Real Entry about Moving

I'm leaving Park Slope soon. It's been a year to remember, I think. I am moving into my own apartment with a dear friend Elizabeth. I'm getting my first lease. My first friend/roommate. My first place I can call my own.

Here I can learn to cook. I can have guys over for sex. I can work on my writing. I can host parties. I can smile. I can proceed to heal. I can have Elizabeth around to keep me company. I can have someone around when I panic. I can live comfortably with a friend. How odd.

It's my time, coming through. I am excited and nervous. I mean it'll be a whole set of rules I'm not used to. Speaking of which, my old roommate. For a year of living together we REALLY never talked, because I'm just discovering that he has no social skills whatsoever. A year in and I discover this. Who knew?

No comments: