Wednesday, July 30

Showing Your Wounds

When is the right time exactly? For those who date and never come up to the point where they need to be open with a person early enough in the relationship because you know telling them later will only cause complications. Telling someone you're HIV positive is such a strange situation. I have friends to demand that you must tell the person before sex. Now if it's just a hookup that is where the lines get blurred.

Whats the point of telling someone if you're going to fuck with a condom and then never see them again?

But for dating. When do you tell them? Do you tell them before the date? After the fourth? After the first? If we're playing by the rules it's before sex then obviously it must be soon cause gay men don't hold off on sex normally. And I mean do you want to wait for the moment before it happens to tell them.

I have just recently come to the conclusion that it's my choice of how I tell them. Sometimes it's in person, other times through email or IM. Call it impersonal, but at this point in our relationship aren't we not on that person level. And for a moment would you consider that it's for your benefit too?

I have sat there and watched people cry for me. People gracefully lie to me about how it'll be all okay, while they were already figuring out when they'll never see me again. I have watched my friend's eyes fill up with the thoughts of what they think will happen to me.

So if I choose to tell you electronically, it's about 50/50 in terms of why I am doing that.

So yea, regardless obviously something along these lines has happened to me. I told a guy I was dating and of course he's taking his time before he gives me a full reaction. Sure, that's his right. I presented him with something he will choose.

It's never my choice, because my choice has already been made apparently. That's a discussion for a different time.

Look at me, being serious.

No comments: