Wednesday, October 29

Two-a-Day

Saw Speed-The-Plow last night and for the first time in a while. I will say. Bravo, Raul Esparza, bravo. The whole show was terrific though. I've never experienced Mamet before and his writing is like music. The first act was like a duet, so quick and rapid that I loved getting lost in the beat of the music they were creating.

Tonight I'm seeing Dividing the Estate by Horton Foote. I'm seeing it to witness Elizabeth Ashley at least once in my life. I believe that anyone who has played Maggie the Cat will live forever. Elizabeth Ashley's immortal, isn't she?

Elizabeth gave me a little purple hat to wear. I need to buy a winter hat. My head is freezing, but I haven't had a chance to buy one. I won't just buy any old hat, so I need the time to look. Does anyone still wear a hat?

San Francisco in a week. I am eager to leave, but I feel so odd. I'm abandoning school so easily. I have things due back when I return, but I hopefully will work on them before or during the trip. I say that very sarcastically, but I'm sure I'll have some down time. We do have some plans so far. Going out to Alcatraz. I do love a trip by boat to an island along with a tape recorded audio tour! Oh, that will be very grand. Also we plan on doing this. Big hats and variety acts!

By chance of fate I started reading The Beautiful Room Is Empty by Edmund White on the train ride home this evening. I think it's in my future to write a coming-of-age gay novel. I read these books and find the same thought processes that the narrators have. Am I a literary character? Are my thoughts original at all? How did I have them before I read these books? With the end of my life be just two words: The End?

If it's destiny, than who am I to interfere?

Lastly, I leave you with:

No comments: