Friday, October 3

A Very Special Day


Two nights ago. For the first time ever, I made dinner. Now before you feign shock and awe understand a few things. I'm a boy and my mother always made dinner. I brown bagged my lunches while growing up. Breakfast has always been a cereal bar or something quick.

I went to college and lived in a dorm without a kitchen for two years. Then the next two years was filled with constant jumping around from weird apartment to weird apartment. I was also working from 2-10 most nights and therefore usually ordered dinner.

So two nights ago was the first time I bought chicken and marinated it and then grilled it. Seeing as it's 48 hours later and I'm not dead. I suppose I made it well and the chicken tasted pretty good. I made instant rice, because I'm impatient and don't like to boil it.

It's fun. I am marking off all these little things from my "To-Do" Life List! This morning Elizabeth taught me how to make eggs over easy. That may be my small thing I do tonight.

I'm so domestic. I vacuum too!

No comments: