Tuesday, August 7

Iguana Is Charmed...

Okay, I can take RENT being someones favorite musical.

But, when you say that Wicked deserved to beat out Avenue Q for best musical. Or technically put, "Ave Q was no Wicked." And then ask me if I agree. Well, I will be slightly taken aghast.

Meeting the Cyclist was inevitable. I knew he'd be at musical Mondays. Well he let me know, I thank GOD though I had other friends around. He's sweet and sort of funny. It's just difficult to have interest in someone who's motives are as transparent as cellophane.

Oh and then he went on to tell me that Xanadu (the movie mind you) is a stinking pile of shit...

The Cyclist...must pay.

Now, it's not so much that he thinks that Xanadu is bad. I agree, it's a bad movie. A bad but beautiful campy movie. It's that even though I said, I LOVE this movie he proceeded to talk about what a piece of shit it was...

YET, the moment I told him I'm not a fan of RENT, he proceeded to attack me. There is something wrong with this easily defensive person.

I am sorry that your "easily seduced, must like what's popular at the moment" mind can't grasp the idea of loving something for it's pure camp value. That perhaps the reason I love Xanadu is because it stands alone. That it was able to be so awful that it's lasted almost 30 years as a notorious movie nonetheless.

Yet, every time I sit down and watch it I have a more exciting time than when I even try to REMEMBER a moment from Wicked.

He wants to hang out soon, so he can show me Battle Star Galatica and I can show him Xanadu. I am ALSO assuming he wants to fuck me. Hmmmmmmmmm....

I can be cruel, I don't know why...

No comments: