Tuesday, August 28

So You Think You Know Sondheim

After reading the latest Seth Rudetsky Playbill article I sent my friend this quote about Donna Murphy as she prepared for her Tony award winning role:

We talked about her playing Fosca in the Passion workshop and how she worked all the time to create the character. It was great for the audience, but her husband was like "Honey, it's a reading. I don't want to have breakfast with Fosca. She's a downer!"

I followed it up with:

I can just see Donna sitting at the table with a fake mole on her face asking if he could please pass the marmalade and then freaking out when his hand grazed hers.

To which his responses were:

"thank you for passing me the cereal. the taste of corn flakes is a great... mystery to me."

and

to the tune of Loving You:

"Drinking juice is not a choice, it's who I am..."

That ladies and gentlemen is one of my BEST friends. I love it! I never laughed so much in my life.

No comments: