Monday, August 13

Iguana's Second Post of the Day

You dear attractive dewy-eyed idealist...

Since I started my previous entry yesterday, that counts not as an entry for today. So I figured since it's slow at work right now, I might as well take advantage of that and write a touch.

Today you have to learn to be a realist...

I return home and I am greeted by the Cyclist asking me when our next meeting shall be. Unfortunately for him and most of the men that can be in my life, I have returned to the 2-10 pm shift. Meaning that I become lazy, unless plans are made beforehand, and head home to bed after work.

Right now I am listening Ms. Mary Martin in The Sound of Music and as usual she is blowing me away. I've said it once and I'll say it again: Julie Andrews had NOTHING on Mary Martin.

Moving along, the Cyclist is still pursuing me. Blah, blah, blah. He told me his goal now is to see me in the daylight (since we first met during the night in a bar setting).

Now, I ask you, what would be the point in telling me this? Is he alluding to the fact that he feels that I may be ugly in the light? That he doesn't trust as much as he actually saw of me? I was cleverly hiding something from him in the dark? I know his thought process, to which I simply responded with,

"How will you see me in the light, when I work from 2 to 10? The morning is my time to do things before work. Unless you're playing on the fact that you you plan on waking up in my bed next to me or something?"

I know what side my bread is buttered on, do you sir? He makes me laugh and it's a fun little game of cat and mouse we're having here. I ultimately feel that though, when we do meet and if clothes aren't involved.

That only one of us WILL come out alive. And I'm not saying anything specifically but, I do have tickets to see The Drowsy Chaperone at the end of this month and I DO NOT intend on missing it.

Oh god! Tommy the Musical is on! Which leads me to a slight side note again. At Musical Mondays last week they played a clip of Tommy and surprise, surprise no one in that Wicked loving group respected it for how wonderful it was!

Alice Ripley, Norm Lewis, Michael Cervaris, Marcia Mitzmin, Sherie Rene Scott...OH MY!!

So, last night. I met up with a local neighbor for some dinner and chat. He was a sweet guy. In his early 30s and just came out two years ago. I knew that he was straight acting. He has that "new gay" feel. Like he knows about life, but issues of the homosexual aren't fully realized with him yet. Unlike us 15 year old who make that bold step and have years to think about life before anything REALLY happens.

Yes, the night was spent at his place. It was nice to know that I was only a 20 minute walk away. It had this refreshing feel to it. He had an interesting idea about sexual relations that I found really intriguing and took pressure off of many things.

I'm not taking it as anything serious. He's a little nutty like myself, so we may end up going on a Kalifornia killing spree before anything serious happens. Just nice to have a local flavor to hang out with.

Oh and lastly, I spent my first night home at Boys Room. OY. One of my best girlfriends and the surrogate mother of my child, wanted to hang out. And after so many days around pre-teen girls I wanted to be around gay men...wait isn't that the same thing. I felt like an utter, utter Starfucker that night. My friend's roommate is BFFs with Amanda Lepore and we got into the club for free, as well as several free drinks. Because she always gets a free bottle wherever she goes. It was awkward to be with that crowd. So cocaine-sheik. They all loved my girlfriend because she is the "bee's knees" in looking amazing in anything she wears.

So they all spoke to her, but what was grand was knowing that she loved me the most.


No comments: