Wednesday, August 22

Iguana Is Making this House a Home

HURRAH! I just assembled my first piece of furniture. A cheap 3-Shelf bookcase from Target! It was much more complicated than I anticipated. Then again, I rarely assemble anything. So when it said, "No Tools" necessary. I was all happy. But I realized that without tools I have just my hands.

I built it though, and I moved all my books onto the shelves. I feel so special and warm inside. It's my first piece of furniture (though it will no doubt be replaced as life goes on) that allows me to feel like I am living in a home. I now have all my books on display for the world (and the rare guests I have) to see. There's something so nice about seeing them though. I need to put something on the top, perhaps a plant or something.

One step at a time...one step at a time.

In other news. Work is work, school is starting soon. What else is new? School should be interesting. Starting it in a place that I am stable at. Unlike last year, where a month or so in, I will get kicked out of my apartment...etc. But there's still time for disasters to happen. I don't think anything will happen though, and that makes me happy.


This weekend is a theatre weekend (what weekend isn't nowadays?) On Saturday I am seeing Iphigenia 2.0 at the Signature Theater. I really have no idea what the expect, it's probably going to be rather strange. However, Signature is doing Charles Mee as their resident playwright. What I find fascinating about him is all his plays are open source and can be used by anyone (all his work can be read on his website too). It's really interesting. So I can't wait for that, should be thrilling. It's written in verse, not prose. OOOOOHHHHH!


Then on Sunday I am FINALLY seeing The Drowsy Chaperone. I know I was slow to see it but I had some good reasons. First, it's at the Marriott Marquis theater, and they don't do rush or TDF. You have to buy 25 dollar tickets, which are basically the last row. I was never in a rush to see it, when there were so many other shows to see. I know the cast has been replaced and all that, but it doesn't bother me really. I mean Joanne Worley is in it, and she's a HOOT! And the only person I can remember from A Chorus Line (Mari Davi) has taken over for Sutton Foster and I loved her voice and think she's much better looking. So I won't mind.

The second reason is because of the character called "The Man in the Chair." He is the narrator and I have heard all year long, since it's been out that I AM HIM. He's an old queen, who loves show tunes and loves to just talk about them now stop. I'm slightly terrified that I will be sitting there relating to much to this man. Well, there will be more when the time comes. I know I'm crazy, so it shouldn't surprise me.

Time for work, many another entry later if it's slow (which I doubt!)

Oh and I'm getting to see one of my best friends, who has finally moved down to the city. I'm so proud of her!

No comments: