Wednesday, August 15

Iguana's Real Thoughts

We're nearing the final week of summer and then it's back to school. Lord let it be known that I am in my senior year of college and yet still a junior. Hopefully this year will not be as awful as anything I'd ever experienced before. I feel it won't be, because this year I am going to school in a nice and stable environment. I will not be kicked out of my apartment in October, I will not be sleeping on the floor and I will not be completely and utterly unhappy.

In a way I should be excited and happy. And I sort of am. At the end of the day it's still school and really who is happy about school? I am excited to be back on working on the plays I will be involved with. Who knows this year. It's a whole new start.

My goal for college this year and to get a better idea of what I would like to do in theatre. I am getting tired of shrugging when people ask me what I'd like to do in the theatrical world. I can't honestly say because getting a BA in Theatre is just a broad overview of each aspect of the theatre world. Costumes, Scenes, Stage Management, etc, etc. How can I focus on something when I'm not allowed to dwell on some subject for more than a class?

I can't say what I want to do in theater, but I can say that I know deep down inside that I BELONG into it. Who knows how, but it will become clear someday.

The new theater season draws closer and closer. It's getting excited. So many plays (even more than musicals so far) that I want to see. Musicals become more and more disappointing, it's upsetting. Maybe there will be some clever surprises that pop up this year.

Other than that. Nothing else is new. Oh wait I forgot one little thing...

I have a "date" with the cyclist tonight after I get out of work...expect more on that later. I am trying to be kind and considerate to him. We truly got off on the wrong foot, so I am trying to see him in a different eye. Tonight that theory will be tested.

No comments: