Wednesday, January 2

The Last Five Years

To interrupt my China posts and because it's midnight in China and I decided to be lazy. I am writing about the bootleg DVD I am watching of The Last Five Years. It's wonderful to finally see it staged. I've only watched the first half. So I'm curious to see where songs intersect.

Norbert Leo Butz is actually REALLY adorable in this show. I see how he won the Tony. He's such a cutie in this this show. Did I just use the word cutie?

In China news:
I am a little homesick. It's because the "vacation" aspect of this trip has ended, yet I still have about 20 days left to live in China. I love China, it has a certain aspects of it I love. Yet, I am a city boy...a Brooklyn Boy, through and through. I feel that I am fitting in well, despite the fact that I cannot speak any of the language.

I know after a few days of getting used to it, I'll feel better. I'm not used to the straight men hanging out so much. Their jokes are different. I've been searching out female attention. Now this is a delicate balance for me. I need someone I can just talk to, not present to. Britt is one of those girls, Elizabeth is one of those girls. Well, it seems they're probably the two girls I can do that with.

I'll keep working at it.

It's funny, how Norbert's character is an asshole. He starts off adorable, but turns into a jerk. Into your typical man, basically. I think this became very apparent to me when his character was thrilled that John Updike is reviewing his book...John Updike...come on people.

No comments: