Wednesday, January 30

The Power of Love

Last night out of nothing better to I put on one of the many DVDs I got from China for basically One American Dollar. It was Romeo+Juliet the Baz Lurhman version. I've never seen the movie fully though, and for that I am slapping my wrists at waiting so long. Sometimes I am glad I waited a while to see certain movies because they make more sense to me now.

The movie is great, I think. The music is amazing, Leo is adorable and Claire is so innocent. The whole idea of it is interesting, and though Shakespeare in normal English does not always flow...

I'm looking at you Dash Mihok...

The movie, like most of Mr. Lurhman's films, just works. This scene in particular really touched my heart and I admit it really made me wish I was in love...


No comments: