Sunday, January 27

Happy Day

I guess we should start with an epilogue to China. The ins and outs resolved and explained fully. China will forever remain in my mind. It was a long journey. A month was almost (and I say almost) a little more than I bargained for. I hung out with straight men for a majority of the trip. That experience alone is made for it's own intercultural studies.

With the trip complete, of course that means back to real life, right? Correct. What does that entail? We shall find out. First off, my first moments home was spent with The Tall Man. Two days I spent in his arms, kissing, hugging, cuddling. Anything you can think of. We saw Cloverfield together and slept until noon.

Due to my past experiences I should not feel smitten. I should take it at face value, then why does face value feel like attraction to me. Granted we are both sexually, very sexually, attracted to each other. The constant kissing, the hugging, the touching. It's puppy love, right?

That aside, I cannot keep focusing on it. Regardless of how clear it's already been stated, I am highly attracted to this man. I am also a small fool as I always feel with my heart and not my mind. We will let things develop and continue as they are bound to be developing soon.

While in the company of The Tall Man...

Work called. Which brings me to the next item in my mind, quitting. I will be telling them May 1st, I am thru. When my boss surprised me with a call asking me, "Are you back? How was it?" I rambled on a bit thinking, "That's sweet...they care." Which was immediately replaced with utter silliness when they asked me to come into work this Sunday...

I've been home for less than a day really and you're already playing this game?

So I will tell them, Wednesday. The Tall Man laughed at me and for a moment and tried to tell me I was making a wrong choice in leaving it. I almost cracked. It's a good idea, that's all. No discussion, none at all. Therapy has helped me with the justification of my issues.

Then I saw Happy Days at BAM. After reading it, I was amazed even more by Beckett. Then I saw this production and it's become one of my all time favorite plays. So well done. Fiona Shaw was phenomenal. How a head in sand could draw my direct attention is beyond me. Bravo, Beckett and brava, Fiona.

No comments: