Tuesday, January 15

A Faggot Grows China – Part Nine

The DVDs alone has made the trip to China so memorable. I mean more important things have happened. Like The Great Wall, Terracotta Warriors, Hong Kong, Dim Sum, Chinese friends and many other things. I've been sleeping weird though, having to take Melatonin to rest my head.

Therefore my dreams have been wacky. I had a strange sexual dream last night, which left me rather aroused and bothered. I had a dream that was very Hostel-esque, people getting ripped apart. I then went to bed again after waking with a start, I dreamt I was drowning and needed to take a breath. I knew I was asleep and I knew if I didn't wake up I would stop breathing in my sleep.

I'm watching To Die For, a movie that once created a lot of drama in my family. When I was say, 14 years old and my cousin was 12/13. To Die For was on HBO and my cousin told me that his mother said it was okay for him to watch it. So we did. This movie is utterly brilliant. Nicole Kidman isn't over acting, she is acting correctly. Suzanne is cheap and fake. Ms. Kidman captures it.

I digress. The script isn't great, but it's written like a trashy TV Drama, which is why it's so good. We watched it and a few days later my cousin told his mother. She came over with him and "reprimanded" my mother for allowing me and her child to watch a movie with sexual issues and murder.

My mother was livid. Livid. I remember sitting in the living room with my cousin, trying to ignore my mother's screams and shouts. You see, my cousins family life was nothing to this movie. The thing is because of that event, I wrote off this movie for years and years. In my mind is was trashy and not worth my time. Which is a lie. It's more than that. I would love to see if a musical would work out. If it does I'll be jealous, because it's a smart idea. I am against movie musicals, as we should know. I am for movies that are not deemed as good, made into fun musicals. Like Xanadu.

This is one of those cases...

No comments: