Thursday, September 25

Iguana Predicts The Future

But I am going to look into Xanax one of these days. The sleepless night has thrown me off.

At 4 AM I heard silence, the city truly sleeps at one point of the night. I heard faint noises, sounds of past neglect echoing to no one. I saw TVs still on through windows and I looked up into the sky. I swear to you! I saw stars! How grand to see a few had come out so late at night. In Brooklyn, we can see the stars, but only when everyone is asleep.

I'm skipping class to do homework, but there is no homework I want to do. I've been slowly plotting my life's next move. Last night I laid awake again, after having discussed with my female high school friend, who is voting for McCain this coming election, my predictions of the future.

As a gay New Yorker should I stop talking to her all together? Or go the way of Allah and become closer with her and hope I can drive those notions out. I'm afraid this world is doomed and I was born into a generation that is going to enter the coming years in the next Great Depression!

Personally, seeing the world go crazy seems sort of fun. You have to understand, I come from a world where insanity makes perfect sense. I would love to watch the stock market crash and see how the world would react. Would is all end in one single Nuclear Armageddon? I hope not, what fun would that be? To just erase the mistakes made so quickly.

I would rather the world revert back to a John Steinbeck novel. Dust roads, tumbleweeds, Bush-Ville, we all dress up as Tramps again. And in these years to come, as I wear my bowler hat and travel with nothing but a stick and a small handkerchief attached. I would meet up with that high school friend and we would travel together. Across the poverty stricken lands maybe moving down towards Mexico, because we prefer the warm sun to the cold winters of the northern badlands.

Not to mention that Global Warming has gotten so bad, the upper part of North America is slowly being submerged in water. Oh, what the future holds! We will reach what was once called Mexico, but is now known as the first Outer Republic of China, and we will sleep under the stars!

Then, one night, as we roast an Armadillo that I caught with using only the contents in my handkerchief. I will reminisce with her, we have eaten tonight and no longer need to worry about quelling the ache. We will have time to remember the distant past! Things like Computers and E-Mails and Cell Phones! Text Messaging, can you even begin to recall the time when we wanted to distance ourselves from others? Oh when did we suck the earth dry of all it's resources? That it all went to chaos?

I will then bring up the night I laid awake worrying, once again prematurely, many years ago. At that point in my life I didn't know the problems I knew today. She will roll her eyes because this is an issue I always return to during midnight conversations. The only difference is we're having it in a new locale.

I will remind this high school friend that if only Obama had won the Election! Maybe we'd still be here, but at least he was willing to try something new and different. Not to mention the vile Sarah Palin, who will eventually become so tyrannical that 75% of the world has laid out bounties to kill any American's on sight. We will be refering to her as La Presidenta, well those of us who still follow the government.

The Tramps won't. We'll have out own system of living, that includes never staying in one place for to long. And staying in solid groups of twos and threes. We will intentionally couple up, because we value the company of others and being alone terrifies us all. Not just me. Differences won't matter. The groupings will be primal, like Penguins who pair up in Antartica. You will always be able to find your mate no matter what. If seperated for to long, it's rumored both will fade and die.

Our code of living will be earthly and simplistic. It will be honest and true. Age, race, gender, none of it will truly matter. Just the company you can give others. The only time you will ever truly lie awake worrying is if that fabled seperation comes. In these trying times, it's the only thing that is cause for alarm, because everything else is so unsure!

And that was my prediction of the future. Oh, and Tina Turner is with us.

No comments: