Wednesday, December 17

Commercial Reading & Liza

I'm currently reading Gods & Devils/Angels & Demons/Madonna & Britney. Whatever this book is called. It's like a ride through Central Park in the spring. I just read, I don't have to think, wonder or even fathom what will happen. I will be informed 5-25 pages later. It's like a vacation!

What feels odd is they're trying to save The Vatican from being obliterated. I'm sitting here and thinking, "If they don't accomplish this goal I won't be that upset."

I'm informed that I'm at a part where it really takes off! Let the roller coaster ride begin!

What's ironic is the other book you can find in my bag right now is Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs. It hasn't been touched because I am enjoying this neurological holiday during finals. Speaking of which, I am on my way to finishing a majority of it today!

Then to celebrate. Liza at the Palace!



I love this woman! Elizabeth knows her innerworkings, I just know her as my Judy's Liza. She has lead an amazing life and I am more than prepared to hear a so-so voice, but to see an amazing performance. I've been listening to her for a little while now. I have most of her concerts on CD and I know what her voice sounded like. I appreciate that to no end and I'm sure if you saw her in The Act in the 70s you'd be disappointed too.

I know what she could do years ago, I've seen plenty of old TV clips and heard even a bootleg recording of her as Roxy Hart in Chicago. I love what she says about addiction, "I have three Tony Awards, an Oscar, a Grammy. . . " She's accomplished so much at such a young age, her being an alcoholic wasn't due to lack of motivation indeed!

When she does the Palace Tribute. I will shit.

However, she is 62 and has had both hips replaced. I just found out from Elizabeth that she had some brain issues a couple of years ago and was told she'd never sing or dance again. Well, here she is boys...

No comments: