Thursday, December 4

Judy, Judy, Jenny

So, Judy Collins. Yea, I get why you're so famous now. This song is beautiful, she seems like she was just a pretty lady who could sing well. So she just sang other people's songs. At first I wasn't impressed then songs like this came along:



I am converted. I read up on her past and I'm actually moved by it. What an interesting life. She played the clubs until she got picked up, at 22 she sang The Maid of Constant Sorrow. I just listened to it and felt my life sung to me.

Then there is this lady I have just come into contact with. Her name is Jenny Lewis. She is the voice of her own band, Rilo Keily and The Postal Service.



Acid Tongue is a song I can relate to.

I suggest giving them all a listen to. It seems like during finals I am weening myself to the vocalists.

No comments: