Saturday, December 13

The Days of Wine and Roses

It seems those days have come to a close. The Depression has begun. Bank account is at a lower level than it's ever been. This is not necessarily a surprise. It's my father's way of handling it that was a surprise. I was in pharmacy filling my Ambien prescription, because I need my pills during times of stress.

He spoke to me with the same sharp tongue that I learned from him. Saying exactly what needed to be said, my ego took the pain. I hung up, bent down in an aisle and wept for a moment. I stood outside the store and felt the chilling wind string my eyes. Freezing my tears until a new ice age could begin.

I returned home and worked. I called him back and apologized and he said we'd talk when I came to visit. Oh joy, oh rapture.

The final countdown has begun. Papers and projects are already underway. Is it truly Saturday? For it doesn't feel like it, it feels more like a Sunday or Monday. Who knows where the time goes?

Lastly, my roommate sang last night in a cabaret at Don't Tell Mama's. The songs were so-so, but her voice was superb. She sang about being a caterpillar, a caterpillar with huge lungs. Since it's Christmas time and I love to hear her voice. I'll share this...



Oh and she sings this to me every night before I go to bed. No lie.

No comments: