Friday, March 30

Iguana Is High


I'll admit it. I'm a little high right now. Yea Eccentric Iguanas do indulge in some herbal refreshments some(lots of)times. It's partially being done so I don't feel like a loser staying in my room on a Friday night on Spring Break. But I can't help but feel it.

Moving along...

Now I'm an off again/on again fan of Marianne Faithfull, but damn that lady sings a fierce version of Don't Forget Me. I just read about her past and how filled with turmoil and struggle. I am don't to take back what I said about Marianne Faithfull, I am ALWAYS a fan of her. Seriously give this lady a hand.

"In the winter time, keep your feet warm. Keep you clothes on and don't forget me. In the summer, by the poolside. While the fireflies are all around me. I'll miss you when I'm lonely, I'll miss the alimony too. Don't forget me, please don't forget me. Make it easy on me, just for a little while. You know I think about you, let me know you think about me too."

Sorry lyrical rant there. I just think that's a terrific song, so sad and so deep. You can FEEL the emotion she puts into it. It's sad because not many people know about Marianne and when she says, "Don't forget me." You almost wonder if that's really a personal cry, cause when Marianne does pass, will she disappear into obscurity? I need to find a CD of her voice before it got all raspy and worn.

This weekend I have no plans, none at all! I think I may die. Well I will figure something out I am sure. No plays planned though, how the good news is I just got tickets to...

A Year of Magical Thinking, starring Vanessa Redgrave.

Now that should be good. A co-worker really wanted to go, so to inspire her I bought a ticket along with her. I'm giving that way.

It's a shame I did nothing fun tonight. I looked very cute. Oh what I would give for a flat stomach with abs though...oh I try and try. Sorry, I've been having some body image issues. I know I shouldn't but I am. It's difficult for me not to considering my past health issues. Blah.

Moving right along.

I told myself tomorrow I am not going to fully worry about homework for the rest of Spring 'Awakening' Break. I'm not going to completely forget about it, but I am going to put it aside, I will get it done. It's totally ruining the feel of my spring break, which is already starting off shitty enough, with no plans on Friday and working full time the whole week. Yea this one's going to be something for the memory book.

Okay, my attention can't follow this anymore.

No comments: