Wednesday, March 7

Iguana Reflects

I've got those "hey-you-say-you-want-me-but-don't-want-to-touch-me-cause-I-had-scabies-once-but-now-they-are-gone-but-still-it-bothers-you" Blues.

But I'm almost certain it's official, I am bug free! It's been a week, well a little more since I applied the cream and well I've been itch free (I mean the occasional dry skin itch, or the morning just woke up itch) but if you could have seen me itching a month ago, you'd know what a mess I was. So now I ask, what's next? Nothing I hope.

I almost had a small coronary this morning when I return back to my apartment from the gym. I don't know if it was an old person who roomed here or someone who comes to visit, but there was a paper declaring that someone needs to appear in court (not me though). At first glance though I immediately thought, "Well the jig on this sketchy place is up, and three months on the dot, time to move out." NOT a thought I wanted to have. I don't know what the letter is, but it's not addressed to me so I don't really care.

I've been reading some good plays the last few weeks. I read Arcadia by Tom Stoppard, The Seagull by Chekov, Equus by Schaffer (I think), and I started reading another Tennessee Williams play. One of his earlier called Spring Storm. Though written when he was very young (26 I am pretty sure), it still has that wonderful Williams style. I am addicted to that man and nothing will let me stop loving him.

It's midterm time and I'm feel underwhelmed. I know I have things to study for, but it's not hitting home. Life is sort of disjointed nowadays. I am always working, always doing something, but I feel nothing is getting done. It perplexes me.

I ate a pot cookie last night, left over from this weekend and it lead me to hookup with this man from the gym. Well the cookie didn't but it created a very "Dreamlike" scenario. I sort of just jabbered on and on, then the sexual stuff started and I could not hold one thought down, it was very different, but fun. I kept thinking I was hallucinating the entire thing.

He said he had fun, I did too, I think. My mind is going.

I had to leave shortly after that and I returned home. Floating through space is fun sometimes, if not disheartening.

I'm seeing The Pirate Queen this weekend, it's supposed to be a giant mess, I can NOT wait!!

As well as a small bit of my life will become complete when I see Sweet Bird of Youth this Sunday also. Praise Tennessee Williams!! This play is fantastic if not ultimately tragic. What I adore about it is how today it could SO easily be adapted into a gay situation. I think I may rewrite it someday.

No comments: