Sunday, February 3

Let There Be Light

Next To Normal. A new musical with a dark story, but I turned into a musical theatre geek and fell for it. It's about a Mother who believes her dead son is still alive. It is tearing their family apart. So after giving up medication they decide to give her ECT. You're thinking, "What the fuck?"

It's an interesting idea, and a dark comedy. I was a little "What the fuck?" myself when I saw the Electric Shock Therapy scene. Then I realized I was setup to expect this and if this is shit, then what are the truly bad musicals considered *cough*Shrek - The Musical*cough*? Not to mention that Alice Ripley was great. Finally, glad I got to see her in person.

Then today I saw Betty Buckley in concert in Queens today. The performance? Second verse, same as the first...

The rest of my weekend was calm. It involved The Tall Man, which I appreciate. He agreed to going to see RENT with a group of my friends. Which means he wants to participate in my life and meet my friends. That's more than being a sexual object right? I feel foolish asking, but this place is for fears and anxiety. If he follows through, I will count it as something nice.

I then had this other moment. I told a friend that I am focusing not just on the Tall Man because nothing has been announced. So last weekend, untrying, I attracted the attention of a guy. Who I kissed a little on the dance floor. Then when he asked me, "Want to get out of here?" I replied, "Yes, I think I am going to head home. Goodnight."

He wanted to meet again and because I blew him off a night before. Also he was near my apartment. Oh, how the trap had been set and I walked right into it. So when the time came to head home, who but he invited himself over. True, I could have said no the game ends here. I did not because saying No is how adventures never happen.

See it is this attitude that gets me. It's because I'm paranoid that it's happening to me. Sing Alive Ripley, sing! I wish rules would be clearer with that issue. Yet, some friends are jealous in what I've developed with this man. It seems ideal to them. I just don't want a repeat of previous events.

Back to the issue at hand though: So he slept next to me. How do people with bad breath not get told. I mean it's not necessarily my job as kisser to stop and inform him. I see the difficulty. I assume my breath doesn't smell for the fact I have had many a person want to continue kissing me. Point and case. So when we woke up and he wanted to kiss, I said I had to go to the bathroom. When I returned I said, "Time to get up...I've got plans today and you're not in them." He suggested we lay around more and I said, "No...I can't, I need to go to the gym." He did respect my wishes not to have sex.

Subtleness has never been my forte...I admit that wholely.

That's enough for the night to come to an end. Consider yourself informed.

No comments: