Wednesday, July 25

Iguana Is Opening Doors


After my last entry that was obviously filled with blood lust and vengeance I have calmed down a little. I am going to be a bit random today so follow along, okay?

I am fully submerged back into the world of Harry Potter, Hogwarts and the fight against evil. It's a feeling I haven't felt since 2000 when I read Goblet of Fire. 7 years is a while to be away from Harry Potter, but it's very nice to know I am back in the gist of it. Speaking of that the big joke with my and friends is that the other day I asked my friend if he took the sorting hat quiz on the official Harry Potter Site and he told me he was in Gryffindor. And I said I wonder which house I would be in. He (being a huge fan) looks me and smiles and replies. Hufflepuff. I laughed because everyone knows Hufflepuff is the least popular of the houses. So needless to say I took the quiz and was Hufflepuff. He laughed hysterically. But, I'm determined not to let this get me down. Actually it doesn't bother me at all. The way I see is. You'll never be more famous than Harry Potter if you're in Gryffindor, you're evil if you're in Slytherin and I'm not that smart to be in Ravenclaw. So Hufflepuff allows for me to excel amongst those around me...

Oh my Good lord...that was EXTREMELY geeky. Moving right along...

Let's go back and pretend that I never EVER spoke of Patti LuPone. So I can say excitedly: I'm going to see Patti LuPone in Gypsy this Sunday! Yea, how lucky am I right? The best thing is it's the final show, which means Patti will obviously want to make it memorable. It's gonna be memorable. Despite what all the douche bags in that asinine message board say. Yet I still read it, hey, Cancers born on July 8th are prone to reading trashy gossip. That's probably why.

I have been working ten hour days this week. Which have left me tired and not very social. Or very anything for that matter. Just enough energy to perform basic functions, as well as read my book.

Side Note: Someone (who shall not be named) pointed out that my grammar is terrible. Now, you would think I'm not aware of this would you, but actually I am very aware of my terrible grammar. In fact I think it was about 7 years ago since I decided that worrying about grammatical stuff is not my job anymore. I write how I speak and think. Coincidentally, I do not speak or think in proper grammatical terms either. If you could see inside my mind, the last thing you'd worry about is grammar.

What's more important about this little comment that this person made was how it set me off. I'm not mad at him specifically, but sometimes I wish people would watch what they say. We all make mistakes and say things that to us mean nothing and are just a small social comment. But, sometimes those comments will tear at the very fibers of the people we say it to.

For example, in his saying, "Your last entry was hysterical, I rarely laugh out loud at blogs." and then followed with "But, your grammar is terrible." I had a small episode of my childhood right at that moment.

Growing up I wanted to be a writer so badly. Before I wanted to be in theater even. I wanted to write. I wanted to write trashy horror novels. And you may laugh but there is a REAL market for horror novels out there. Hello, Stephen King. By the time I was in 9th grade I had written trilogy that resembled the Scream movies
To which I was so happy and thanked him and he simply replied, (they were of my OWN creation, just in the style of the slasher genre) that each one was approximately 60-90 pages in length. And a full length novella that was a Sci-fi/Horror/Freddy Kruger-esque, it was called Phobia.

I was very into writing I loved to sit at my computer and just type away for hours. Watch the sunset in my bedroom was I knew I was creating. Isn't it wonderful? Well, all it took was those lovely people. Susan from [Title of Show] calls them "Vampires." I'll admit they got to me.

Your grammar is terrible. You switch from past to present tense to much. You need to stick to one.

End of dream of being a writer, then and there at 15.

End of Side Note.
Joni Mitchell isn't my favorite singer by far. Her album Song To A Seagull though is really changing my life in a small way. It's truly beautiful and yet no one seems to know about it.
I can't go back there anymore, you know my keys won't fit the door. You know my thoughts don't fit the man. They never can, they never can.

Truly beautiful on the ears. So I've been thinking, as I often do (if successfully I'm not sure anymore) and I have come to the conclusion that I have what it takes to get the man. I have the looks, I have the smile, I have the body and I have the eyes. But, do I have what it takes to keep the man? At one time I would say of course. Nowadays, I can't assuredly say that. It's become a funny joke that I have all these first dates, I tell people that I go on SO many first dates. I say it with a great big smile. They laugh, I laugh.

It's just a thought to ponder, really.

I can't go back there anymore, you know my keys won't fit the door. You know my thoughts don't fit the man. They never can... They never can.

No comments: