Tuesday, July 3

Iguana's Fears of Life and Birth

I finally finished my birthday invite and sent it out. To the little friends I have in this city.

Upon pushing send, I felt some regret. Not because I don't want to have a party, I'm not afraid no one will come. Isn't that awful? I just have never been good with planning things, and getting people together. This is my valiant effort to do such a thing. Plus, I am mixing friends together, different groups.

But, we're all adults and we shall know how to respond. I forget that most of my friends aren't 15 anymore and they can take care of themselves. I'm simply providing a reason and a place for these people to get together. I shall be me and they shall be themselves. And if their lucky my mother will attend dinner and people can meet the woman from who I was born.

If no one comes, I can live with that as well. I try not to weight to much of my social life as how good of a person I am.

So here's the other deal:

This weekend I had some tea with my Gentleman Caller and I feel slightly bad cause I'm dismissing him for a Broadway show. But it's a Broadway show and I have to do what I must.

In one last series of unfortunate events before The Year of Magical Thinking comes to a close. I called my old scumlord the other day to find out all the money he was supposed to pay me back he isn't going to. Because of these bullshit reasons, but I saw that coming from the moment I moved.

What I love is how when I told him, "It's okay if I moved June 2nd?" He says okay. Then suddenly he goes, "You're moving out June second makes it impossible for me to have someone move in." Then I remind him how I didn't move in until November 15th and he informs me that I AM some sort of weird exception.

In short he fed me bullshit and I just let him flap his fat lips and thought to myself, "I'm reporting you to the IRS or something." There's no way I can get that money back, but I can at least make a note of him to some sort of authority. Even if he DOES pay his taxes (which I highly doubt), he should be called attention to by the authorities.

I live in a lovely area now and this man will one day get what is coming to him.

No comments: