Thursday, July 5

Iguana's Three Days Away

Swing, hear the rhythm...get hip. Get hip.

July 4th. America got together yesterday to have BBQs, dance in the streets, watch fireworks and get drunk. The four away mark of my birthday is certainly a celebrated time. Imagine what the world will be like on July 8th?

I can probably tell you right now. It's going to be calm. As the dramatic way I am I am now calling this birthday, "The entrance into my twilight years." Which I know is over doing it, but it's fun to say that. Wait until I REALLY enter my twilight years.

I've had a few responses to the birthday bash. 11 so far. The people who are not confirming and not coming, I understand and somewhat predicted. As I said I'm not really upset or hurt. So much as it happens is all I care about.

I saw 110 in the Shade with Audra McDonald again. It was fun to see a show about July 4th on the actual day. I don't know why I cried so much this time. Perhaps it's because her performance was so amazing, she deserved the Tony over Christine Ebersole. Yea I said it. It was truly amazing that her finale Act I number had changed so drastically from when I last saw it. It changed for the better of course.

When I first saw Audra sing Old Maid I felt very moved and amazed. This time I felt so moved I was in tears. Perhaps it's because now I am in a particular gushy mood, being back to normal in my life. I find things like that overly emotional. Who knows

Recently, I have become more aware of the looks I get from people and have started smiling back. As I stated yesterday, it got me a date for tonight. Which is thrilling and nerve wracking at the same time. I'll see where my smile can get me.

So I'm reading this book, 365 Birthdays Interpreted by Michael Knight. It says the following about Cancers...

  • Your home is incredibly important to you, and if you are not comfortable there, you can become UNSTABLE. (how REALLY true...remember me 3-4 months ago?)
  • You are WARM and AFFECTIONATE and very SENSITIVE.
  • You're supportive and sincere, and when you love, you love forever. You are quite traditional and like to have set rules for yourself and your family.
  • If you feel taken for granted you can be scheming in order to have your needs met. (Um I just proved that like last Thursday)
  • In your imagination you are quite bold when it comes to romance, but you really need someone confident and secure in their own identity to make the first move.
Weird how all these FIT so well.

No comments: