Friday, September 21

All I Ever Wanted...

Friday night and a bedtime like 11 pm? Tomorrow I plan on being up early, so it's not unreasonable. Just going to bed so early on a Friday night seems to Spinster-esque. I want to be up early for HAIR tickets. If I get there at 6:30/7 am and the line is ridiculous I will turn home and go back to bed...I just don't want to say I didn't try...

Before I go to bed I'd like to post a song I have lived my life by and if I ever have to sing ONE song that describes me this would be is.

Stupid Things I Won't Do by William Finn

Reading papers when there ain't a review
is a stupid thing. And I won't do it.
When I read I wanna read something new,
why read anything at all?

Wars will always happen, there's always strife.
But opening a show just happens one time in it's life!
And that's why reading papers when there ain't a review,
stupid thing I won't do...

Now you can grill me, you can kill me!
You can cuff me on the air, I still won't do it.
You can boo me, you can shoot me!
But that's not a thing, that I will do.
Man may laugh and women may chortle.
But there's a reason I'm immortal.
Reading rags when there ain't a review...stupid thing.

And another thing, while we're on the subject...

Making movies...Hollywood.
Stupid thing. I won't do it!
Bet your booty's I'd be GOD damned good,
but that's a game that I will play!
I'm a seasoned actor, I don't skate or dive!
The only rolls, I want are rolls that
I'm performing live and in person!
Making movies in Hollywood...
Stupid thing I won't do!

No, no, no!
You can kill me, you can bill me!
You can NAIL me to the wall,
I still won't do it!
You can maim me, or defame me!
But there's certain things I won't per sure!
I've ach-ieved my awesome potential,
by focusing on what's essential...
And making movies...in Hollywood..
Stupid thing I won't do...

Living life like a NORMAL PERSON!
STUPID THING, I won't do it!
After five minutes as a NORMAL PERSON!
You can lock me in a mental ward and THROW AWAY THE KEY!!!
Though I live with passion, joy and RAGE!
The only time I feel alive is when I'm on the stage!
That's why LIVING LIVE LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!
IS A STUPID THING THAT I WON'T DO!!

NO, NO, NO!
I need theatre, I want THEATRE!
It's the food that I eat,
EIGHT TIMES A WEEK!
GOD BLESS THEATRE,
life is weirder!
Maybe not, but who's to say?

What-could-be-more
prim and officious,
than cleaning floors or washing dishes?
Good for them! Who can do those things!
But they're not the things I can DO!

NO, NO, NO!

GOOD FOR THEM!!
WHO CAN DO THOSE THINGS!
BUT THEY'RE NOT THE THINGS THAT I CAN...
do-da-do-da-do-do-do-do...

Those are things, that I can't...

Never have and never will,
be able to do.

Why do I find solace in this song??

No comments: