Tuesday, February 12

Trying on my cupid wings


Interesting news, well at least to me. The Tall Man and I have a Valentine's date. Or so he asked me. I mean I'm excited, but I don't count V-day for much. That aside since I have one and most people won't, I guess I'm a little excited. The text was cute:

Tall Man: Hey there sexy. Wednesday no good - VB and NJ Thursday AM. Wanna be my valentine Thurs night instead? Dinner?

Of course I smiled to myself and thought, "Men do make passes on girls who wear glasses." I'm pretty happy I admit that the idea of Me+Valentines Day entered his head. A year ago I can tell you that The Gentlemen Caller would have ASKED me out on Valentine's Day. Then proceeded to have sex with me and perhaps give me a gift in between. Then deny that he ever had any sort of feelings for me. Wait I feel as if this story really did happen, but I checked back and I was wrong. Forgive me, I don't mean to cause slander.

Going back to my old OLD blog, I am all retrospective. It's so sappy of me. Moving on with me thoughts...

So I am on the final pages of Harry Potter (which people will wonder why I am not finishing it as we speak...maybe I should. It will get done when it gets done...After that I plan on East of Eden. Oh Steinbeck, we meet at last. Let the games begin!

For The Tall Man I bought him a V-day gift. Not necessarily a gift for that day, I usually buy things all the time for people I like. It's the Cancer in me. Not Cancer as in Tumors, I mean zodiac. He likes Jane Austen...he's a sensative soul and no, he's not a bottom.

I purchased a book called Lost In Austen: Create Your Own Jane Austen Adventure Choose your own adventure, but the character is Elizabeth Bennett. I thought it was kind of genius! It also has a cute little scoring system. Where it's like, "You've impressed Mr. Darcy you gain 10 communication points."

Somewhere Ms. Austen is doing cartwheels...Jerome Robbins' Choerographed cartwheels.

I hope he enjoys it. If not I'll just gouge my eyes out. Well not really. I can tell he'll like it. I think tonight is the night I watch Gone With the Wind...after Harry Potter.

No comments: