Sunday, February 17

Kiki and Herb through the years


Last night I saw Paradise Park. Charles Mee's last play at Signature Theater. This was my least favorite but it had some stellar monologues. It was a little to steeped in symbolism. I really love Charles Mee. What I enjoy is the underlying message of all his bizarre plays is: Love. It's very sweet and romantic in a way. Then the rest of the plays are utterly insane.

I got Skidoo from my friend last night. It's not in stores and he had an old VHS (these are my friends). It's so trippy. Carol Channing's outfits are absolutely insane. I wonder if she provided them.

I also got Kiki & Herb's new DVD. Which was at the Knitting Factory, I was there. It's great to have a DVD that I was part of! What I love about the DVD though is it has older clips of Kiki and Herb through their decade of fame. Including a clip of 1993 where Kiki was merely long hair and a Heineken. The next clip is 1999 and it's absolutely amazing. Kiki is discussing world issues about Columbine, which she calls Concubine. It's horrible, but funny.

No comments: