Tuesday, February 26

Life To-Do List

Today was an okay day. Nothing good, nothing bad. I suppose I'm allowed those days every now and then, right? I went to Therapy, which was more like rehash the week. It left me a little drained of feelings. I started rehashing and then told my therapist (poor girl is a grad student...she probably has her dissertation written about me already).

I told her I am making a "Life To-Do List" which is a list. Not a Bucket List, I refused to associate it with death. It's the same idea, but this is own personal list. It's not finished yet. It will be like the Constitution. Meaning it can be amended over time, but only is 2/3 of the house agrees. This means that Anita Morris, Judy Garland and I must out vote the tattoos on my calves.

Here is the list so far:
1. Always love those around you
2. Love yourself, no matter what happens
3. Buy an iPhone
4. Keep going the gym until you can't any longer
5. Finish undergraduate college in Theatre
6. Travel to Egypt and climb the Pyramids
7. Buy a new Computer
8. Get at least FOUR more tattoos
9. Get a theatrical Internship
10. Embrace what life has given you
11. Keep smiling and making jokes
12. Win a Tony Award
13. Travel to Germany and stay in a Hostel
14. Take a road trip across America
15. Do the AIDs Walk annually
16. Travel to Alaska
17. Write a play that you can truly be proud of
18. Have said play be put on by a theater company in an actual performance
19. Travel to Africa in a AIDs-Relief Related Event
20. Travel to San Francisco (possibly live there for some amount of time)
21. Learn to roll a joint
22. Eat a full Mexican Meal and enjoy it (perferably in Mexico)
23. Travel to India
24. Win the Pulitzer Prize
25. Meet Patti LuPone and tell her she's your idol
26. Go to the Ireland and look up at the stars
27. Volunteer in an AIDs related Foundation
In other news I got some more Broadway DVDs. This time I got the LA Cast of Falsettos, which is 10,000 times better than the Broadway recording. I have Chess on Broadway (immense pleasure in typing that one. See what happens if you deny me...I get it), Also Chess in Concert from Sweden with the original cast. City of Angels in London. Legends! starring Mary Martin and Carol Channing. Dance of the Vampires, the flop. As well as a mega flop called Marilyn: An American Fable. They all make me very happy...

Right now I'm half watching Falsettos. What a wonderful staging, truly amazing. What beautiful music.

Lastly, I have to write a short story for Creative Writing. I am trying to train myself to not rely on my own life to write about. I am trying to find common ideas and feelings I wish to write about. Then projecting them into a story I create. I am nervous, but I have a decent idea. We shall see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
Do you really have a copy of Marilyn, An American Fable; the one that ran on Broadway, not the London show?

E.Iguana said...

I believe so. I need to sit down and watch it though. Once I heard Mary Testa as Hedda Hooper I will officially know (since the rest of the cast is unknown to me).